Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sound Alseep

I got into this band maybe 3 years ago when I was visiting my sister up in Montreal. She was dating this dude Mike, and Mike played guitar in this band Ballast. He quit after their European tour because he hated everyone in the band. Anyway, he made me a mix tape of Ballast's entire discography, plus a bunch of random shit (like Assück...thanks Mike!), but unfortunately I lost the tape.

However, I still held on to the information about the LP he played on.
Sound Asleep is a sonic attack of raging, crusty, anarcho-hardcore from all parts of Canada. Female-fronted with shouting vocals, sometimes half-singing, and gruff male backing vocals. Like Witch Hunt. But I'd rather listen to Ballast.

I don't listen to this album enough, but every time I put it on I am amazed. It is so perfect. The balance of melody & speed are great. Take a listen to this if you like Tragedy, Witch Hunt, women's rights or anything off of Profane Existence. Bump this shit.

Ballast - Sound Asleep (Profane Existence 2005)

1. Louder Than Words
2. Lorena Bobbit
3. Unnoticed by Time
4. Day by Day
5. Bridge
6. Imagine
7. Tomorrow
8. But After the Gig (Reprise)
9. Bad Thoughts
10. Resign Yourself

Buy Ballast's "Sound Asleep":
Good luck, OOP! Sorry!

No comments: